Prior to opening his law firm, he served in Fortune 500 corporations and a research university. He has over 500 court appearances in matters including constitutional claims, international business disputes, design and construction, public-private-partnerships, tribal law and sovereignty, estate planning, real estate, and others.
He also has deep expertise in international commercial contracting, Federal Acquisition Regs (FAR) and flow-downs, military deliverables, space launch deliverables, US Export Controls (EAR/ITAR/OFAC/FCPA/Sanctions), visa sponsorship and denied party screens, internal and external threat analysis, and export licensing.
His case theory on the Red River Compact, written and published while a law student, was later adopted by the U.S. Supreme Court as the new law governing interstate water agreements (Tarrant v. Herrmann, 569 U.S. 613 (2013)).
Wayne is also an engineer. Prior to becoming an attorney, he served as design and construction operations manager for projects totaling over $1 Billion in construction cost. Projects included freeways, casinos, hotels, wetlands mitigation, environmental assessments and mitigation, flood control systems, and complex construction operations.
Wayne is also a professional artist winning many awards at juried art shows. His paintings are on display throughout the region and at the Chickasaw Supreme Court and Headquarters. He enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, is a Category 3 bicycle racer, and fly fisherman.
- JD, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 2009, Managing Editor of Law Review, Cum Laude
- MBA, University of Texas at Arlington, 2002, Dean’s List
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, (Aerospace Emphasis), University of Oklahoma, 1993, Dean’s List
Licenses and Certifications
- Attorney (Oklahoma, TX application pending, OK Federal and Tribal courts)
- Licensed Professional Engineer Oklahoma and Texas (retired)
- Certified Export Compliance Official for Export Admin. and International Traffic in Arms
- Certified Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Insider Threat Official (ITPSO)
Publications and Honors
- Invasion or Commerce, Interstate Water Transfers from Oklahoma (Oil, Gas, and Energy Quarterly, 2010)
- OKCU Law Review, Managing Editor 2008-2009
- FBI Challenge Coin for service to country
- National Board, Association of University Export Control Officials (2018-2019)
- Wilkinson Award for Excellence in Native American Law
- OCU Law Merit Scholar, and PDP Legal Honors Society
- National Value Engineering Award Team, NSPE
- Salt and Light Award, FBC Dallas
Public Service and Pro Bono
- Speaker, Law for Engineers, Texas and Oklahoma Engineering Conferences
- Speaker, Tribal Law and Importance of Tribal History, Chickasaw Nation Bar Association
- Speaker, Disability Claims, Cleveland County Bar Association
- Delegate, Symposium on Threats to U.S. Science, Argonne National Laboratory, Chicago
- Delegate, National Conference of Security Export Officials
- Court Appointed Advocate for Deprived Children and Mentally Incapacitated
- Chairman, Dallas TxDOT Young Engineers
- Trustee, Goddard Youth Foundation
- Intern, OCU Native American Legal Resource Clinic, Caddo, Kiowa, Cheyenne- Arapaho, and Comanche
- Volunteer, SBC home construction, Mexico and EMI School Footbridge, Kenya
- Volunteer, FBC Dallas inner city services